Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Sins are like Scarlet.

A young mother was trying to explain her father's death to her 4-year-old daughter. The little girl wondered where Grandpa was.

"I'm sure he's in heaven," the mother answered, "because he was very good."

The girl replied sadly, "I guess I won't be in heaven."

"Why not?" her mother asked in surprise.

"'Cause I'm not very good."

This short story was taken from Our Daily Bread.
The author was saddened when he heard this story. I share the same sentiments.
Deep down inside our hearts, we know that we are not very good at all.. Yet some think that we need to be very good to get to heaven.

Maybe you are thinking about your sins and asking God,
"What must I do to get to heaven?"

The answer: Jesus Christ, by His death, has paid in full the price of your sins, no matter how vile, tawdry, or shameful they may be. Your salvation is free.

As God promises in Isaiah Chapter 1 Verse 18, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.".

Yes yes. All we have to do is to believe and accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and saviour. It seems too good to be true. That shows God's love for us. His mercy and grace are boundless. Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow; He never changes. That is my Amazing God! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment