Friday, October 17, 2008

Thought provoking.

"Men, for the most part, are clueless when it comes to a feminine heart's true needs. Rather than being willing to diligently and respectfully win a girl's heart over time by listening to her, learning about her, doing thoughtful things for her, and making sure she is truly ready before moving to the next leve, men tend to breeze right past the emotional wooing stage as if it is totally unnecessary.

From a modern guy's vantage point, we don't realize that there is any difference between men and women except for those key biological differences, which we assume were spurred on by some weird thing called estrogen.

Men don't know how to protect a woman's heart because they don't realize it is so different from their own. This is another area in which women can help the men become warriors - men who guard and defend what is vulnerable.

Manhood is at its best when it can make a woman feel both protected in her innocence and secure in the slow warming of her heart. It's all a part of becoming the warriors God calls men to be."

I read this whole chunk from a book Authentic Beauty. I was like "Wow.".
Amazing stuff. It is written by Leslie Ludy's husband. So it is like from a guy's perspective. I was nodding my head in agreement as I read on.

I didn't know that "Just as young girls dream of becoming princesses, young boys dream of becoming warriors.".

And that men are supposed to be protectors. Though, girls have to protect and guard their own hearts too.

I was just nodding and nodding in agreement and "Wow. Ooo.. Wow. I see.." all the way~

I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment