Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On God's Terms

みなさんげんきですか?

I read in a book and it talks about Lewis Smedes' final book, My God and I: A spiritual Memoir, brings God's expectations of us to a startling clarity to me.

He said that he met God at a used book store when he picked up a then volume called The Rest of Faith and read it.

He says, " The author, whoever he was, told me that if I wanted to come to terms with God, it had to be on his terms, the chief one being that I would have to give up my ridiculous notion that I would be accepted by God only if I had what it took to be [a particular] type. What I needed to do was let him accept me with no consideration of whether I was acceptable or unacceptable. And then, when I had done that, to quit stewing about it and just rest in the fact that I was loved and accepted by God, no strings attached."

Because Christ died for us and redeemed us, as long as we believe and accepts Lord Jesus Christ as our saviour and Lord, God accepts us as who we are.

I don't know why it took me so long to be rooted and really accept this truth in my heart. But I am glad that I did and I hope you would too(:

No comments:

Post a Comment