Saturday, March 28, 2009

Encouragement Poem.

PERSEVERANCE

Lord, my spirit is willing,
But my flesh is so weak;
God, every day I cry out to you,
Yet I don’t hear you speak.

I’ve been beaten so many times.
You know what I’ve been through;
I can’t overcome this giant.
Yet it’s the only thing I must do.

I fought this trial too many times.
I used all the strength in me;
Yet I lost in every battle,
And once again I’m not free.

Lord, I’m tempted to just call it quits,
And lay here on the ground;
I will let the giant win again.
I have fought too many rounds.

As I am now at my lowest,
Tears flow down my cheeks;
I cry out to God again,
“Jesus, I am just too weak!”

Suddenly I felt my body
Being lifted up by my Lord;
He helped me back on my feet,
And said, “Lets do this once more.”

I stood up to that giant,
And fought as hard as I could;
He used old tactics to make me give up.
Yet he only thought I would.

I was determined to not back down.
I had been here long enough;
It’s not the number of times I get hit.
It’s the number of times I get up.

Jennifer Kulp

God is faithful. This poem came so timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment