Friday, June 27, 2008

'Stay interested in the world, take on a challenge': MM Lee











A friend emailed me this speech. Went to google to check its authenticity. I mean, we are talking about MM Lee. Not just any celebs here.

Read through the whole thing. Madness. First time I actually cared to read the whole article.

For those who'd want to read his speech, you can go to http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20080114-44987.html.

Anyway, I have to agree with 2 things that MM Lee said.

".. I think the most important single lesson I learnt in life was that if you isolate yourself, you're done for. The human being is a social animal - he needs stimuli, he needs to meet people, to catch up with the world."

and

"If you're not interested in the world and the world is not interested in you, the biggest punishment a man can receive is total isolation in a dungeon, black and complete withdrawal of all stimuli, that's real torture."


Finally, his advice to every person in Singapore and elsewhere: Keep yourself interested, have a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment