Friday, April 25, 2008

Life is not a game or games.

"When a believer needs to own the biggest house, drive the largest SUV, get the promotion first, and win every argument, something's terrible from God's point of view. It's not right to run over people's feelings, bend or break the rules, and gloat over victories.

To approach life as one big game that you always have to win is to live in hopeless delusion and fantasy. While material possessions, professional success, and personal victories are enjoyable, they last on for this life. Then they are all left behind. What really counts is what's done for the Lord."

I quoted all these from Our Daily Bread 25th April.

The passage shared/related to the above message was Mark 8:31-38 (New International Version) from the bible.

Jesus Predicts His Death
31He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.

33But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

34Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 38If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Footnotes:

1. Mark 8:35 The Greek word means either life or soul; also in verse 36.

[P.S. I got the verses from www.biblegateway.com]


I need to change my attitude towards life.
My mum told me life is about "owning the biggest house, drive the largest SUV, get the promotion first, and win every argument.".
I almost got lost in it.

Dear Satan,
You'd never rest would you?
Sigh.
I feel sad for those who are blinded by such.
I do not think if I asked you to stop blinding them, you'd stop.
I can only pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment