Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pilgrims or Nomads.

By Dr Bekker

Nomads are aimless wanderers moved by immediate needs.

Pilgrims have a destination in mind and their journey has an eternal purpose.



Like what Dr Bekker said, people nowadays want instant satisfaction.
Hmmm.. I can be quite shallow on certain things and sometimes impatient.

This world has so many things that are INSTANT. I guess this world values efficiency, which is associated with the amount of time spent. And in this world now, time=money. Thus, none of us want to wait and waste time. However, change doesn't happen overnight. Many people expect change to be immediate. I quote Dr Bekker, "Many people say to God, I want to be holy and I want it my way."

He added that God is never early. God is always there. But never early. Always there when you need Him at the right moment.

Christianity is not a 100 metre race. Christianity = Marathon. You need to master the Word of God, and take in the knowledge of God. Then you'll know the Truth and live the way you are meant to. Its a loooooooong journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment