Sunday, May 25, 2008

Reputation.

Today's sermon was about the 9th Commandment,
Thou shall not give false testimony against your neighbour.

Dr Corne Bekker was the speaker.

Amongst the first things that he said was that we have to "match our lives with our words."

Made me think about my actions and those words that I said. Do I practise what I believe?

Dr Corne Bekker gave me a whole new perspective on this commandment.
I always equate this commandment as telling lies is wrong. And there's always this nagging question whether white lies are acceptable. But it is more than that.

And apparently it can be linked to Reputation.
The following are linked to the 9th commandment:

1. Slandering
2. Lying
3. Criticism
4. Talebearing
5. Insinuating
6. Flattery
7. Exaggeration
8. Silence
[will elaborate more on the pointers in the next few days.]

And sarcasm is no good too. Sigh. I need to improve on that. I want to become more gentle, fair and loving. Think before I speak and only say things that are true, helpful, inspiring and kind. I want to change and be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment